Just-in-time debugger - Umbraco Issues
So today, the application pool for one of the websites hosted at work decided to stop, and so I started it amd the site seemed to be fine untill a dialog box labled 'just-in-time debugger' poped up every time the website was loaded thereafter.
After looking into the error logs in the system event viewer, I could find a reference to the file was already in use, but that was it.
I decided to check to see if the website was running in debug mode and it was, so I turned debug off and the site then presented the following error:
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.] umbraco.requestHandler..ctor(XmlDocument umbracoContent, String url) +2983 umbraco.UmbracoDefault.Page_PreInit(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1217 System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) +0 System.Web.UI.Page.PerformPreInit() +48 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain
So after some time with Google, I found this page:
It stated that deleting the entries from within the umbracoLog table would solve the issue, and it did! It was apparently caused by some timeout issue in Umbraco.
I'll definately keep this in mind in the future. FYI, the site feels faster now too.
Published at 18 Aug 2014, 23:18 PM